[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 23 08:43:44 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 08:21:31PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Also they seem to boost the midrange in an attempt to give a "rich"
> sound, which after you listen for a bit sounds cheesy (can cheesy be
> used to describe audio?)

Yes.

> I have heard true digital audio (digital from CD to speakers, no
> analog stage - speakers were driven with FETs) and it was quite
> impressive, very clean all the way to maximum volume.  However I am
> not an audiophile aside from not liking Bose.

I've heard of those setups, but never actually heard them.  I thought
that a digital amplified was still needed.  And, I believe that it is
converting the CD bit stream from PCM to sigma-delta.  But I only
believe that because that is the way someone on the list was
explaining it once.

--
Joshua D. Boyd