[rescue] Appropriate OS for Alpha?

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Tue Jul 23 07:54:34 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:29:24PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2002.07.22 19:28 Chris Petersen wrote:
>
> > Of course, those who know OpenVMS can guess why I'd want to get a
> > ZLXp-L1 card running in a 600au...
> ARGL ZLXp-Lx. Once I ePayed a ZLXp-L3 only to notice that it is not
> supported by Tru64 5.x.  So it is completely useless for me...
> --

Yeah, they orphaned that card really fast.  Was very upsetting to us at the
time, since we had a half-dozen or so AlphaStation 600 5/266s using them.
OpenVMS, however, does work *very* well with the ZLXp-Lx series of cards,
and still supports them last I checked.  At that point, I think it was
probably still the *best* card they supported...Lack of support for the
better PowerStorm 4d cards (4D50/51/60) was always a sore point with me for
VMS...

(For those of you who didn't get my reference before, that was the main
reason for trying to get a ZLXp-L1 and a 600au to get along...)

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions