[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 22 14:44:35 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 03:39:21PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> The best sound I've heard so far (other than live) was from a set of
> infinities.  They had dual drivers, a tweater, and a ribbon in each
> speaker.  They were very impressive.  They were powered by a tube
> power amp of some sort, with the audio coming off of a very high end
> Sony CD player[1].  The high end clarity of the sound was good.  Maybe
> I'd have hated them if I'd spent more than 3 minutes with them though.

Whoops I forgot my footnote.

[1] I also feel somewhat dubious about people who claim that the
digital outputs of one CD player are better than another, especially
if optical connections are used.  Either the bits arrive at the DA
intact or they don't.  And if they do arrive at the DA intact, then
why does a ceramic platter holders and an air tight case make one CD
player better than another?

--
Joshua D. Boyd