[rescue] Re: how to utilize multiple tape drives in the same library/silo with Amanda...

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 22 13:42:16 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 01:42:02PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > that it is a real pain to get mysql and postgres to split a table
> > amoung multiple file systems.  Not that this is a pressing problem at
> > the moment for me.
>
>   A single table that big?  I've done some big databases, but never
> quite THAT big.  There's got to be a way to split something like that
> up.

I don't have anything that big, but it isn't too hard to imagine if
you are using custom data types in Postgres to store what would
otherwise have been stored as BLOBs or as seperate files.

Frankly, I really wish that the NIH would just release the visible
human dataset rather than require that it be licensed from them.

--
Joshua D. Boyd