[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 22 12:02:06 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 11:48:48AM -0500, Scott Newell wrote:

> >ohms.  My recall is that 10ohm speakers on a 4 ohm amp puts to much
> >load on the amp, and that if you aren't going to match the amp to the
>
> Other way.

Hmm, I'll have to double check what I did to my sister's stereo then.
I have a bad feeling I might have put 4 ohm speakers on a 6 ohm amp.

> >speaker, then at least the speaker should be a lower ohm-age. And it
> >should be easy enough to add a circuit to adjust for the different
> >speakers.   A 6.6667ohm resistor network in parallel with the speaker
> >would bring your resistance down to the desired amount.
>
> Please don't--you'd just be creating more heat.  Ohm's law?

V=iR?  There isn't exactly any heat in that.  There is W=VA, which
relates to heat...  Is that also part of ohm's law?

But, if higher ohms on speakers is fine, then adding those resisters
would definately be pointless.

--
Joshua D. Boyd