[rescue] Re: how to utilize multiple tape drives in the same library/silo with Amanda...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Jul 22 10:20:24 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, July 22, 2002 at 10:40:16 (-0400), nick at snowman.net wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Re: intel vs. sun- for real
>
> Great, how do I make it use multiple drives in one library?

Did my message not get through to you?

You run multiple configs, in parallel, if desired (and capable).

Eg. /etc/amanda/DailySet1/* and /etc/amanda/DailySet2/*

Each share the same changer device (presumably your library has a SCSI
conected changer), but you split the tape rack(s) between them and of
course specify a unique tape drive device in each.  Obviously you need
different holding disks and other such common stuff too.

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>