[rescue] misc old Sun resources

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 22 08:52:27 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 07:16:30PM -0500, Leslie Connally wrote:
> Here in a city of >1 million, in the city that the mayor touts as 'world
> class' cause theres a monet in Ft Worth and the airport runway is a
> gazillion thousand feet long so we deserve the olympics..  SWBell COs are
> few and far between, most everyone is farther than 15000 feet from them and
> digital PairGain cabinets being installed VERY VERY slowly since
> Covad/Rhythms/etc went bust.
>
> So startlingly, DSL is NOT that easy to get :-(  My friend had better luck
> in his tiny town of 500 cause noone was farther from the CO than 2000 feet.

In my area, there are something like 100k in the city, and 300k in the
county.  Not every place has DSL or cable service, but most places
do especially in the northern and western part of the county.  The
southern end is surprisingly highspeed capable since the southern end
is the beating around the sticks redneck end (and also somewhat Amish
country).  A number of people that I know in very remote parts have
DSL, and the ones I know who don't, they just don't care to get it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd