[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Mon Jul 22 08:47:19 CDT 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> That's the 'oh my goodness' part.  How much are you going to build that
> engine?  They'll go to about 400hp/400lb-ft with no trouble, just some bolt-on
> pieces.  Not cheap, but it'll do that without a fight.

Unfortunately, I'm on a $0 budget. I know what the engine can do, and
given time and money I'll do it, but right now it's just a drop-in.

My father-in-law bought the LeSabre new in '77, and took care of it like
a baby. Oil change every 2000 miles, tuneup once a year, etc. My wife
and her sister took it FAST regularly enough that it doesn't suffer from
the usual problems he would have caused it by never going over 55.

Anyway, the body fell apart around the engine. it's got holes in the
floor, rust bubbles all over, etc, but the engine runs like a dream. He
finally bought a new car (2000 LeSabre) last year or so, and gave me the
'77 so I could use the engine. I actually drove it for a few months, and
  yowza, but that's a sweet engine.

So yeah, I'd love to build it (rebuild first, then build), but no money
for that and $boat, and $computer_toys. Maybe one piece at a time, as I can.

---sambo