[rescue] misc old Sun resources

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Jul 21 18:02:28 CDT 2002

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Tim H. wrote:
> >   Ahh, dialup.  I haven't done dialup in a VERY long time; I guess I'd
> > kinda assumed that nobody else around here has either. :-(

Wrong-o.

> Don't rub it in. You are all bastards. I have to go to my dad's house
> and finish burning NetBSD distfiles snapshot on CDs to bring home.  My
> fastest internet connection involves 40 minutes round trip drive and
> however long it takes to burn x CDs, or dump to jaz.

Hi, my name is Kris. I can't get a cable modem even if it is offered
because... They are my ex-employer. If a salesman / cable guy so much as
touches foot on my property, he's going to be leaving in a hurry -- with
ratshot in his tail.

So I pine away in DialUpHell until $TELCO gets off thier ass and rolls out
DSL, or I go into the Internet Service business again...

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"