[rescue] Re: intel vs. sun- for real

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jul 21 14:23:33 CDT 2002

On July 21, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> We're also working on a new, custom backup solution. We tried Amanda for
> a while, and gave it up. My cubemate and I are working on it.

  I'm curious...why did you give up on Amanda?  I've used it in fairly
large installations myself (many hundreds of machines) with excellent
results, and I've seen it used for thousands of machines, but this was
many (~7) years ago.  Has Amanda changed for the worse, or are your
requirements different than what it addresses?

       -Dave