[rescue] intel vs. sun- for real

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Jul 21 11:43:48 CDT 2002

George Adkins wrote:

> Ahh, whoops.  That kinda changes the scale from what I was thinking.
> This brings to mind thw question, how are Intel boxes even keeping up at all?

They just kind'a keep going. When you say "keeping up", there's really
no scale on which to measure their performance 'till I demonstrate how
it could be done better. They move data and zip and unzip it. What sort
of performance metric would you suggest?

Patrick's suggestion was a good one, and I may just use my U10 (440
w/SCSI) to demonstrate just why a Sun box is (or isn't) a better solution.

---sambo