[rescue] misc old Sun resources

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Jul 21 02:13:27 CDT 2002

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Leslie Connally wrote:
> I was wondering today what the difference was between an IPX and an IPC..
> and came across these two websites. Just thought I'd mention them.:
>
> http://www.black-cube.net/Sun/?cat=cat_1025273822&picture=image_1025303078
> http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/alf/sparc_ipx/
>
> if anyone cares, biggest diff (for me) is
> IPX: color & 72-pin SIMMS (and probably faster than:)
> IPC: B&W framebuffer & 30-pin SIMMS

If you've seen my pictures, you've no doubt seen that I have a `tower' of
IPXs and an IPC. The IPC is a 20MHz Sparc; The IPX is a 40MHz Sparc. Note
that running sshd on the IPX will create a 1.0 load when (1) user is
connected.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"