[rescue] Getting SRM for Alphastation?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Sat Jul 20 23:05:28 CDT 2002

Mike Nicewonger [twmaster at twmaster.com] wrote:

> yea feces drives :) It sounds like you have a bad floppy. Oh, I almost
> forgot. I think you have to have a tube and keyboard connected to do the
> upgrade

Okay, trying with a known good floppy drive this time.  It reads the
file (I think -- the floppy light stays on for a bit), sits there at an
empty screen for a while, then reboots.  When it comes back, I get a
blue screen with a white, blinking cursor.  Nothing else.  And it just
hangs there.  It seems solidly wedged, as pressing the caps lock key
gets no response (no light on the keyboard).

So, I gave up and pressed the 'reset' button.  After the boot, I'm back
in ARC, with Alpha Firmware Version 4.56 still.

Trying again, it does the same thing.  Grrr.

Is maybe this BIOS too new?

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost