[rescue] Getting SRM for Alphastation?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Sat Jul 20 22:04:02 CDT 2002

Mike Nicewonger [twmaster at twmaster.com] wrote:

> The PROMs in the AS200 do not have enough space to hold both the ARC and SRM
> images, so you will need to get the most recent copy of the firmware and
> install SRM

Crap.

I forgot to mention that part.  I went to:
http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/archive/astn200.html
and followed the instructions for the floppy disk update for ARC.  I
created a floppy with that update on it, named it fwupdate.exe, then
went into the ARC menus to find 'Update BIOS'.  When I did that, it hits
the floppy drive, reads for a minute or so, then just hangs.  I get
nothing but a blue screen.

Hrm, maybe the floppy drive has gone bad.  These things use peecee
floppy drives, right?

Thanks for the quick response!

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost