[rescue] I'm not an EE Q - clarification

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jul 19 16:29:10 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:46:26 -0400
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Oh, I did learn about the dangers of stripping phone wire with my
> teeth.  I didn't have a wire strippers or knife handy, so I just went
> chomp, then wired that end up to the terminal where it came in the
> house.  Then I did the same thing on the other end, forgetting that it
> was now a live wire.  It wasn't tasty.
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd

Yeah, people tend to forget that a phone line packs a punch, at least if
people = me.  I do remember laying on the damp ground under my double
wide, fixing the mess previous person made with the phone wires, using
my leatherman, got all the way to tightening down the terminal block
before the phone rang.  That is a weakness of the leatherman :-)

Tim