[rescue] Q: Best way of going from FDDI to 100BT network?

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Fri Jul 19 22:08:57 CDT 2002

>Kalpana Pro-16 and Cisco Cat2820 can also do this.

   So can an IBM 8271-216 if you can get both the 100baseTX and the FDDI
expansions, but those are even rarer. I've seen exactly one 100baseTX
card (which is mine now) and the closest I've ever come to any of the FDDI
cards is finding their part numbers. (Does anybody out there have any? I'd
love to buy one.) Whereas there seems to be a steady trickle of Advancestack
2000s and parts thereof on Ebay for prices which aren't that bad. 100baseTX
to FDDI bridging is something I've been looking for for a while myself and
the 2000 that I bought is the only solution I've seen float by in a while.

   --James B.