[rescue] Q: Best way of going from FDDI to 100BT network?

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Fri Jul 19 21:32:29 CDT 2002

   My suggestion: get an HP Advancestack 2000 switch. There's usually a
couple on Ebay. I have more 100baseTX modules for them than I need, so
I could sell you one. The problem is finding the FDDI modules. I managed
to nab a switch with one in it, but it's the only one I have and I need
it.

   Caveat: I haven't actually installed the thing in my network yet, so
I can't testify that it will actually do the job, but if it doesn't then
it's broken as designed.

   --James B.