[rescue] Survey: what do you want in _your_ SPARC?

Katherine Strojny kstrojny at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 19 14:13:32 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Yes, I'm learning that different is often the case, with this system.
> > Frinstance the memory bank layout is unique, and I recall reading
> > somewhere that SS5s don't require termination for internal drives but
> > this Axil definitely does.  (Though reading JW Birdsall's FAQ, sounds
> > like it's not that straightforward, and maybe it makes sense that mine
> > requires termination b/c the cable is unfortunately longish.)
>
> External drives?

Just one internal, now that I took off the CD drive which was also internal.
I'd like to find out whether the motherboard has something like a termination
jumper or if I have to put a terminator on the external interface.

I'm learning more about SCSI on this little project than I did in n years at
the cube farm. =)

-k