[rescue] I'm not an EE Q - 48 vdc followup (LONG)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Fri Jul 19 08:50:15 CDT 2002

"Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at .zill.net> wrote:

>I have a bunch of Upsonic UPS's with 48VDC output.  The end that plugs
>in to the UPS has two large round connectors set deep into the plastic
>(about an inch of plastic before the contacts).  The other end is just
>heavy duty wire.
>
>Would these be sufficient to power one or more DC Netras?

Patrick.. I'm not sure, but this sounds like an external battery to go INTO
the UPS.. extra time/capacity for the UPS.. like APCs

alot of UPSs use 4x 12v batteries.. the big APB Matrix use 4x deepcycle 12v
boat batteries in each battery pack

thats why I wondered if , since they were already 48v.. of there could be a
-48vdc output on them.

Les