[rescue] Tough sledding (SGI division)

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jul 19 07:09:13 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:29:29 -0500
lesliec at theplanet.com (Leslie Connally) wrote:

> (sorry if digest delay makes this redundant)
>
> I just did an upgrade on a customers I2 and it was like this:
>
> SCSI ID 0       X       SGI CONTROLLER
>
> SCSI ID 1       X       BOOT HD >lower right
>
> SCSI ID 2       X       FDD (SCSI) >upper right
>
> SCSI ID 3       X       CD-ROM  >top middle
>
> SCSI ID 4       X       EXT HDD
>
> SCSI ID 5
>
> SCSI ID 6
>
> SCSI ID 7

hmmm, on my machine external is a separate bus, I have boot drive on
bus0 ID1 and external CD on bus1 ID2.  heres hinv:

Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version WD33C93B, revision D
  CDROM: unit 2 on SCSI controller 1