[rescue] Q: Best way of going from FDDI to 100BT network?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Fri Jul 19 03:47:22 CDT 2002

Hi Y'all!

I was given a nifty FDDI dual attachment board for my OnyxIR, and since I
have never played around with FDDI before I am a bit lost. Basically I
want to use the fddi to connect to the rest of my network at 100Mbit/sec.

What is the best way of doing so, I assume that some FDDI concentrators
out there may do the bridging between the 2 physical networks, right? And
if so which one do you recomend and where can I get one for cheap, as well
as cabling, etc (I gotthe fddi for free so I want to keep my expenses at a
minimum), it would be nice to connect the Onyx at 100Mbps.

Cheers!