[rescue] Survey: what do you want in _your_ SPARC?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jul 18 23:39:31 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 09:03:21PM -0400, Katherine Strojny wrote:
> Amy wrote:
> > > Any other suggestions?  Video cards themselves are a highly
> > > obvious target, but meshing with Sun's X server is quite
> > > complex.
> >
> > SoundBlaster's Live! series of cards.
>
> Ooh, second that.  But only if there's a moderately-priced Solaris
> equivalent of a sound editing program like CoolEdit Pro.  Is there?

Audacity has probably been ported.  It is on linux, windows, and
MacOS, and in my experience, linux and solaris are pretty similar at
handling audio.

Now, I've never used cool edit pro (I've used cool edit, but I was
using SAW+ for a long time for my audio work), and I don't have a lot
of audacity experience, yet, but it seems decent.  I don't know
exactly what you are after though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd