[rescue] Alphaserver question (Machine died after

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Thu Jul 18 18:33:10 CDT 2002

> > >Most of the Alphas will not come up if a required fan is not
> > >
> > > Its a PC64 motherboard that he's got.
> >
> > Jep PC64 motherboard. The failing FAN was one of the CASE fan's
> > (it has 2 BIG Loud ones) but both seem to run fine again now.
>
> The PC64 doesn't require the case fans.  The 8-bit ISA card
> threw me off, as that's not a standard item.
>
> Have you tried reseating the memory, cards, and power connector?
> Is the PC64 the one with one AT or two PS2 connectors?

It's the one with the PS2 connector. If I can grab my grabber card I can
take a picture later of the ISA card. I belive it controll's stuff like the
fan's and so.

One of the mainboards power cables connects to the board on the other side
of the plate what connects to the power supply, the fan's, the heat sensors,
the power switch and to the ISA board (it's a flatwire cable like the floppy
drive ones going to the ISA board.)

I tried to re-seat all the cards and stuff havent tried the memory (guess
that's next)