[rescue] Rescue a PDP

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 17 10:11:06 CDT 2002

On July 17, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> >   What kind of disks are on this machine?
>
> What are my choices?  I can't remember what he told me (something big)..
> Can I get any sort of networking to run on this at all BTW?  I know he

  If it's really a PDP11/34 (see below) it'll likely have RK05 or
RL01/02 drives.  There are a couple of larger possibilities (RK07) but
not very likely.

> said it was a Qbus PDP and not a Unibus...

  Well that's either wrong or the model number is wrong.  The PDP11/34
is Unibus.  Actually, you said it's in a 3' rack...I'd say the model
number is wrong.  There were PDP11/34s shipped in 3' racks, but not
many.  Most 3'-rack-mounted machines were Qbus, PDP11/23s and such.

      -Dave