[rescue] DECstation 5000

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 17 03:05:03 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 12:37:50AM -0400, George Adkins wrote:
> But, yeah..  we should burn anyone who makes someone run NT on a DECstation.
> But don't put Witches down by including them in that kind of context.

I had a MIPS Magnum once.  I ran NT4 on it.  It was sick, esp. the DOS
"emulation" built in that let you run win16 binaries.. or the FX!32 stuff
that let you run Win32 binaries (it was a runtime/caching translator).

Was my desktop box at work for a while in '96-97, till I got bored and
sold it.. Liked it because I had a big 19" SGI monitor as a head.

Then, I finally got a SPARC on my desk..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net