[rescue] DECstation 5000

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jul 16 18:12:15 CDT 2002

On July 16, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> >   SGI is almost gone?  Interesting.  To me, they don't look any more
> > gone than anyone else in this industry.
>
> Look at their cash flow, their share prize, and their employee attrition
> rate. I guess they must be looking to be bought over. And I do have
> friends inside SGI....

  Francisco...I like you, I respect you, and I think you're cool.  But
you're one of the biggest doom-sayers I've ever met.

  People have been predicting the death of SGI (and Cray, and Apple,
and...) for as long as they've been predicting the death of 8-bit
microcontrollers.

  In other words...I'll believe it when I get an invitation to the
fire sale.  Not before.

       -Dave