[rescue] Sun PCi

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Jul 16 07:26:53 CDT 2002

> Does anyone have any experience with [Sun PCi] cards that
> can say if they're worth the effort and money?

   As soon as I left $last_job, they got a couple of these to try out, and
they were instantly beloved.
   Instead of giving up a nice Sparc 10 for their CAD workstation in favor
of some Dell box, people could now keep Solaris for their main OS and run
Office (and the newer version of the same CAD package, when needed) on the
Sun PCi card. "There was much rejoicing" -- among the support staff and
among the users, too.
   Go for it.
-wde
--