[rescue] Have I erred? (SGI division)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Jul 15 16:35:24 CDT 2002

On 2002.07.15 21:55 Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Heh...it *is* ethernet, after all. ;)
And faster than 10BaseT, only 3 times, but better than plain old 10
Mbit/s ethernet. Nevertheless poor performance.

>   HA!  I love it.  I get a solid 10MBps raw TCP throuh mine as well.
> I'm consistently impressed with SGI's FDDI performance.
BTW: Did some quick and dirty measuring today: 2 x DEFPA, one in my PWS
500au running Tru64 5.1 one in my PC 164 500 MHz based box. The PC164
was pumping 5 MB/s with NetBSD 1.6-BETA2. 10 MB/s when running Tru64
5.1. NetBSD needed about 60% CPU (!) for its work, while the PWS 500au
was more then 90% idle during the transfer. Uhh.
--

tsch,
         Jochen