[rescue] DECstation 5000

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Jul 15 16:27:30 CDT 2002

Fogg, James [JFogg at vicinity.com] wrote:
>  What? You don't have a thinnet bus in your datacenter?
>
> Workaround, Canary (or other brand) media converters (repeaters, really).
> Should be ebayable for cheap.

This is why I still have an 8 port hub with thinnet port.  In fact, it's
plugged into one of my sparc5's (I didn't read the fine print on an eBay
auction and ended up with a SBUS NIC that -only- had AUI - and I don't
have anymore AUI to 10Base-T transceivers laying around, just 10Base-2).

Is it bad if your parenthetical is longer than your sentence?

You may find these hubs are cheaper than media converters.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost