[rescue] DECstation 5000

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jul 15 15:24:18 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> Okay, I got around to looking at the DECstation 5000 at $WORK.
> I thought it was a /240, but it is a /200.  There aren't any
> TC cards installed, but all the memory slots are filled.  I'll
> have to set everything up to see how much memory is installed,
> and what operating system is on the disk.

I'm sure I probably don't have to tell you this (our resident DEC
weenie =) ), but the /200 is still a SWEET machine.  Turbochannel
runs at 25Mhz instead of 12.5Mhz for the /1xx, 25 Mhz processor
and I seem to recall the memory is faster than that in the /1xx
series.  Especially if it's filled with memory, that's a score
and a half.

--Kurt