[rescue] Have I erred? (SGI division)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Jul 14 18:33:37 CDT 2002

Folks-

Thanks for all the answers to my questions.

I "won" an auction for a hard drive sled off eBay, and the seller confirms
he's gonna bring over his 6.5 media RSN, so it looks like progress is being
made.

FWIW, the Indigo2 not only uses PS/2 keyboards and mice, it has a EISA bus!
Of course, the Extreme graphics card takes up _three_ of the four EISA slots
.... I'll probably slap a 100BaseT NIC in the open slot, once I figure out
which ones are suitable, and how you deal with EISA in an INRX environment.

I do have one more question ... the Indigo2 has mini-DIN plugs for serial
ports; can I use the same Mac Plus modem cables I used on my IPX?

Thanks again.  I'm absolutely positive I won't have any more questions.

-Shel