[rescue] Have I erred? (SGI division)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 14 13:49:40 CDT 2002

> Is there an easy fix like this to use a Sun monitor on an SGI Indy?
> Got an Indy from a co-worker, and just haven't gotten around to using
> it...  Partially because I don't have a monitor for it.
>
> Lots of sun monitors, no SGI monitors.

If the SGI box only does SOG, then it would be non-trivial to split
the SOG signal out IIRC.  I *think* that most "Indy and later" boxes
might also support either composite sync or something...based on what
works here.

If you have a [17,20]E[10,20] then try those monitors first...I think
that a 20E20 will synch with almost *anything* possibly including
vegetables and igneous rocks.

  --Rip