[rescue] Wide scsi retrofit

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jul 12 15:01:14 CDT 2002

In the past I've seen cables that had 2 or 4 wide internal connectors
on them, and one external connector (for attaching to the side of the
hard drive box.  I'm having trouble finding any of these at a
reasonable price though (1 place wanted $90+s&h for such a cable).

So, I was wondering.  I've seen little boards that on one side are a
HD68 connector for attaching to the exterior of the box, and the other
side is a regular 50pin internal connector (it both looked like that,
and the seller said that is what is was.  Apparently for adding narrow
periferals to an external scsi chain), so why not one that has HD68 on
the one side, and an internal 68pin connector for hooking a cheap
internal 68pin scsi cable to.  Ideally I want to retrofit two boxes
(each holds two drives).  I had been putting this off, but lengthy
delays in the shipment of my raid arrays (and doubts of it I'll ever
get them) is making me consider other options.

--
Joshua D. Boyd