[rescue] Q: moving medium heavy things

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Jul 11 12:41:09 CDT 2002

[ On Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 09:33:16 (-0400), William Enestvedt wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [rescue] Q: moving medium heavy things
>
>    Also, I understand that many plant roofs are intended to blow off in the
> event of a disaster without crushing everything below them, as a heavy roof
> would if it collapsed.

I suppose that sometimes works where tornados or hurricanes or whatever
are more common than snow...  ;-)

>    Which reminds me: has anyone here ever read "To Engineer is Human"? It's
> an account of the engineering lessons learned from disasters like the Tacoma
> Narrows Bridge, the Kansas City hotel pedestrian bridge that collapsed, etc.
> Kind of a scary read...

Read it, re-read it, read most of his other books (and have my own copy
of each that I've read), and have a spare copy of that one to give to
any friend who is interested (because I try never to lend any of my own
books)..... (but sorry, I won't "ship" it....)

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>