[rescue] Re: Grrrrrr.... (Ultra 1 FCO)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 10 22:11:21 CDT 2002

On July 10, Leslie Connally wrote:
> I'm NOT defending SUN.. crappy behavoir is crappy behavoir.. breakdown of
> civilization, core values, moral integrity etc etc.. but as they say.. life
> aint fair.

  No, of course life isn't fair.  But that doesn't mean people should
sit by and watch that sort deterioration without trying to do
something about it.

  The "that's just the way things are" attitude is used far too often
to avoid doing actual work.

  Perhaps some email should be sent to Mr. McNealy about this.  Sure,
Sun's salesdroids couldn't give a festering shit if we run Ultra-1s
or RS/6000s at home...but you know what?  WE are the people who buy
stuff like E10Ks at work.  WE are the people who have to answer the
"what kind of server do we need for this?" questions that come down
from management.

  We may not be the folks who sign the checks...but we ARE their
target market.  It's just that simple.

        -Dave