[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jul 10 20:44:16 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I still wish I could find one of the original "dove bar" Microsoft
> optical mice (the ones they had w/optical before the "Intellimouse Explorer"
> came out).  I'd KILL for 2-3 of them.  Anybody know of a source?

Uh.  CompUSA carried the the last time I looked.  They call it the
Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse.

You're talking about the one that's about 4"x2"x1", with rounded edges?

> (The two-button, or two-button + scroll, ones, with optical..)

I don't recall them making a 2+scoll one that didn't have an
uncomfortably-tapered rear.

Or, are you talking about the optical that used to have this form-factor:
  http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/wm_info.asp

> (or, is this what you're talking about?)

No, this is the plain ol' Intellimouse, seen here:

  http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/im_info.asp

The one that was sold to OEMs with the label "Microsoft Intellimouse v1.1"
is my favorite, and I wish I could find another.  The plastic has a
different texture.  The "Microsoft Intellimouse" has a hard, glossy
plastic texture.  The "MI v1.1" had a softer feel to it, sort of like the
mouse that Apple had before the hockeypuck.

Hrm.  I have a dead MI v1.1, and a working MI.  I think it's surgery time.

--Jonathan