[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:37:31 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:27:48PM -0500, Amy wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I have an idea for what I think she would like and would look really
> > good on her, and the only thing I've ever inhereted was a diamond.  It
> > is a broach or a pin or something (small golden sand-dollar that pins
> > to a shirt/blouse/sweater) with a diamond in it that is suitable for
> > ring (If I didn't know that I'd still expect that it would be since I
> > know this piece of jewelry was made, along with several other pieces,
> > with the gems taken from an heirloom ring).
>
> Hrm, nod. Sounds like a good plan. I had my grandmother's rings re-sized
> (and they're due to be resized again as they're now too large) when we got
> married...
>
> I'm still pissed at the jeweler for doing a half-assed job on a rather
> nice set of rings, but the damage can be corrected.

Well, what I'm finding is that rings are darn cheap.  And certain
jewels aren't too bad (like saphires, her favorite).  When one sees
jaw dropping ring prices, most of that is the diamond(s) (and/or
labor), so I'm doing pretty well to have one usefull for a center
diamond.

What I see as ideal here is a simple ring with just one stone in it.
This is my ignoring costs I think would suit her best choice.  My
mother is encouraging I pick something simple, but not quite that
simple.  Like maybe something with saphire accents.  I haven't decided
which to do yet.  Deb has a pretty small hand with fairly delicate
fingers (delicate features in general), so simple and elegent is
definately the way to go.

--
Joshua D. Boyd