[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:19:40 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:13:47PM -0500, Amy wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 02:37:37PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >
> > > (heh, one thing we say about friends sometimes.. "Oh, $X has plenty of
> > > money; he has no girlfriend")
> >
> > Well, if I had no GF I'd have a very nice O2 and several other much
> > wanted toys at this moment.  But, much as I want them, I want the GF
> > to be upgraded to a SO (MOH, SWMBO, or whatever the proper TLA is)
> > quite a bit more, and that involves certain expenses.
>
> Take her with you to pick out the ring, Josh.

I might consider that except she made it very clear that she wanted to
be surprised (she has had 2 brothers become engaged in the past year,
and they both did the ring shopping with GF before engagement thing)
by the ring and the proposal.

I have an idea for what I think she would like and would look really
good on her, and the only thing I've ever inhereted was a diamond.  It
is a broach or a pin or something (small golden sand-dollar that pins
to a shirt/blouse/sweater) with a diamond in it that is suitable for
ring (If I didn't know that I'd still expect that it would be since I
know this piece of jewelry was made, along with several other pieces,
with the gems taken from an heirloom ring).

--
Joshua D. Boyd