[rescue] Re: Grrrrrr.... (Ultra 1 FCO)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Wed Jul 10 16:26:59 CDT 2002

Eric wrote, in response to my  "contract whore.." crack:

>I didn't get a call, but they did keep the request updated on
>the web site.

Reminds me of something...
>>>insert Saturday Night Live "go back in time" melody:

A buddy and I both bought at the same sale, freight wacked big Tektronix
Phaser 600 printers.. mine had a whack in the cover.. his looked like it
hugged a tree..  A third guy bought a Phaser 550 in its real box.

Phaser 550 had boot error. Tektronix guy came out, and happened to see box.
One styro corner looked smushed. "AH HA" Tek guy said. "Freight Damage!"
"Warranty VOID!"

My buddy with the tree-hugged Phaser 600 gets HIS Tek Service guy to come.
THEY *schmooze* THEY *bond*. THEY talk football or blondes or god-knows
what. THEY agree.. warranty will cover _anything/everything_ thats not
actually kissed the tree and bent crescent-moon shaped.

They replaced EVERY sensor on that goddam printer.

Point of story: some people just got that gift.

Sadly, I dont :-(  I;m friendly enough. And polite. But I guess jes not a
good ol boy kind of friendly.. or else, am being punished karmically for
something.. maybe being a Sun Service Rep in another life..

Les