[rescue] OT: financial woes

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 10 15:51:50 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 03:40:40PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> > I do this a lot, but I use "6 month same-as-cash" deals and pay them off in
> > 2 months or so. Bigger purchases are made with bank financing at ~8% (like
> > my boat).
>
> I dont finnance ANYTHING anymore, other than my truck and my house.

I'm not great with money, but when it came to my card I went *thunk*
cash on the table (ok it was really *wiff* personal check on the
table, but still).  And that is what I've done for nearly every major
set of repairs (I had to borrow part of the repair money twice, but
always paid it back in a few weeks, probably less than 6).

But boy, I haven't been doing so well with a visa card.  But, it is
half paid off now, and I expect the rest to be gone in another 6 weeks.

--
Joshua D. Boyd