[rescue] mac model performance

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Jul 10 13:12:20 CDT 2002

> I now have a "ci" or something like that, and I may take the drive out
> of the 610 and put it in that. ... Next best thing is NetBSD I guess.

   Hey, a BSD on a IIci is great! It's only a 68030, and uses that 30-pin
memory, but it's got space for full-size cards and it's a nice rugged case.
I ran NetBSD on one of these a long time ago and it weas just fine.  don't
recall how well X worked, but is that what it's for? :7)

> If you happened to have a real 68040, it appears that I could
> put it to good use... ;)

   Lemme dig around this week and see if its my shrinking box of Mac parts,
down in the basement. I have a new baby at home (a son! born a week ago!) to
provide some company for his 3 year-old sister, so my computer time has
shrunk nearly to nil -- but like I said, lemme see if I can find it.
   When I finally set up my 840AV and retrieve the files on it that I can
about, I'll let you know before I dump it, since you're (relatively) close.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator