[rescue] Re: Of mice and men

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Jul 10 11:22:43 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:21:07 +0200 roosmcd at dds.nl said ...

http://www.spotlife.com/users2/sciencelink/oct17_computermuseum/image027.htm

http://www.spotlife.com/users2/sciencelink/oct17_computermuseum/image019.htm

>  From classiccmp mailing list:
>
> "I have some details on it from the Whitechapel technical manual. It was
> first made in early 1982 (so not quite 20 years old) by a Swiss
company....

[snip]

Hmmm.  Early eighties.  Swiss....  Has it any relation to the
Wirth-designed, Modula-2-based computer some Swiss company was trying to
sell at the time?  First commercial computer with a mouse, maybe; I don't
think you could actually buy a Xerox Star then.  I suggested my
employer-of-that-era buy one, as it seemed like a good solution to our doco
production problems.  Wazzit a "Lilith" or summat?

-Shel