[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Jul 10 09:45:56 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 12:37:55AM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
> > overclocked mouse
>
> but does it have a blue LED ? 8-)

And neatly, the circle comes back around to Linux company business plans.
:)

Remember when blue LEDs were $90/ea, died very easily and were about as
bright as a sick glowworm?  I actually bought one once they dropped to $40
just to hook up to an LM3909.

In the "fun-uses-for-a-3909" department, a friend of mine actually turned
one into an inline autofire circuit for an Atari ST mouse (which, I firmly
believe, should go down in history as the WORST mouse ever shipped with a
computer).  Not enough power on the cable for a 555.

-James