[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Jul 10 08:54:58 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> SS4 card in a E450?

Works great, there's a connector and back panel cover for it.  I believe
the card was actually sold as a supported option for the A20.

The cool bit is that with it installed, the internal speaker of the 450 is
activated, and it's the only internal Sun speaker I've ever heard that
actually reproduces sound with vague fidelity.

> Did you say DVORAK??
> Man... I've NEVER ever experienced sucha akward keymap. :-)

It's great for entering English text, lousy for using vi (and Rogue, for
that matter).  I touch type so I switch back and forth between layouts
without actually changing the keycaps (via one humongous xmodmap script).

I'm normally a left handed mouser, but the Sun L-keys are so useful I've
always ended up with the mouse on the right so I can use them quickly in
concert.

-James