[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Tue Jul 9 16:01:19 CDT 2002

> > A GUI is still the best way I know of to run something and tail a log or
> > whatever in another window. Also an easy way to keep a dozen or so
> > ssh/telnet sessions open at once.
>
> Well, in my opinion, the best way to do those tasks is to have at
> least one extra dumb term next to you, and preferably two, and run
> screen on everything.

I am too spoiled by cutting and pasting from window to window and
resizing windows, etc. to give it up. ;) I already have 7 machines set
up in my 8x10 cube; I don't want any more screens, thanks...

> > A GUI also looks much nicer on 19" monitors than text. :)
>
> Not nescesarilly.  Have you looked at some of the things posted to
> themes.org?

Not yet. ;)  But, I will for the machines I have that do run just
text...

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician