[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jul 9 13:39:37 CDT 2002

On July 9, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Unix people don't usually use the mouse for very long at a time!  ;-)

  I'm about as "unix person" as one can get, and I use the mouse all the
time.  I realize it's "fashionable" amongst most of the Unix crowd to
dislike GUIs and pointing devices in general, but I like them a lot
and find them to be an enormous productivity enhancement.

  And yes, I type pretty damn fast.

> (the "hockey puck" style mouse isn't bad to use, but the best is the old
> Swiss-made "half sphere" mouse that the DMD and other similar machines
> used.  I don't mind my Sun optical mice, but they're ergonomically horrid)

  Yes.

  The DEC hockey puck mouse won several design awards, if memory
serves.  I don't recall the specifics though.

      -Dave