[rescue] mac model performance

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Jul 9 05:18:56 CDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:11:50 -0400
"Brent B. Powers" <sunrescue at b2pi.com> wrote:

> Centris 610
> PowerMac 6100/60 and /66
> 7250/120
>
> (I've even got LCII's and a classic, here).
>
> Can anyone clueful give me any idea what these things are capable of?
> Comparison to sparc's or PC's would be helpful, even.

At a previous job we used 6100/66 for mail (First Class Server, ~500
users), web server (low volume, few thousand hits/month)

Used an LCII as a mail server (Eudora Server IIRC) a dozen or so users.

The 6100s are upgradeable to at least G3, pssibly higher, of course
limited by memory etc.

never used a 7250, but used a 7200 as my primary Mac for a couple years.

All of those machines should run pretty much forever, they don't take
much room, so if you have a task they fit you can run them and ignore
them, almost like a Unix box in that respect.

Tim