[rescue] Another Reason Windows Sucks

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Jul 8 19:38:31 CDT 2002

When I upgraded my Inspiron 8000 to a Latitude C810 my WinXP
everything seemed to be okay for a couple of days, then so
may problems came up that I was forced to do a fresh install,
whict still didn't help.  I finally ran the diagnostics and
found out that a sector on the hard disk was bad.

A special format with options to lock out bad sectors was
required.

Why the hell didn't a complete format map out bad sectors,
and why doesn't WinXP have any kind of error checking on
reads and writes?

Why?  Because it sucks, that's why.

If I didn't have to have Windows loaded on the laptop I'd
load something else.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net