[rescue] Warning, warning, put down your Coke ot Pepsi, before reading

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 8 17:23:54 CDT 2002

on 7/8/02 1:07 PM, Eric Dittman at dittman at dittman.net wrote:

>> Believe it or not..... We have the Harper Creek Beavers, just down the
>> road :-)
>>
>> What a ferocious animal..... carefull it might naw your leg off :-)
>> Then you obviuosly have sex related conotation too.
>
> We had the Frisco 'Coons, but they changed the name just a few
> months ago to Racoons.  Most of the students were behind the
> name change (more like a name clarification), but there were
> some vocal alumni that were against the change.

We had the Rockbridge Rebels up until 1992, we also had yearbooks that were
decorated as the confederate flag. They changed to the Wildcats(despite the
fact there are no wildcats in this area) in 1992 when they built a new
school. Now the middle school is called the Rockbridge Rebels and people
want to change it, I sort of see why... but it is the middle of the most
redneck area in the entire county so, whatever.
--
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III