SAT Scores (was: [rescue] re: gps and mac&cheese, et al.)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 8 14:47:46 CDT 2002

> when sat scores and all the standardized tests place you at
> or beyond the
> level of a graduating high school senior - at the end of
> sixth grade -
> what the hell's the point of high school?  well, duh:  girls.
> :-)  okay,
> and beer, and other stuff.

Hmm...anyone else here take the SATs in 5th - 7th grade?
There was something Duke used to sponsor that sucked up a
few people I know...and IIRC my 6th grade score would still have
been in the top ~ten of my high school graduating class.

Of course, the actual usefulness of SAT/ACT scores for predicting
future performance is questionable...I'm just curious whether
anyone else took 'em early.

  --Rip (who's just as glad he didn't try to graduate early...)